20.7.15

That Sort of Song

I'm sure that you all have that one particular song that you listen to when you're going through a rough time. This song inspires you to be a better person, to lift your chin up, to do something new in order to feel better. This song makes you realize in a split second - thanks to a few lyrics and melody lines - that life can and will get better. I'm sure you've all got that song that makes me think, "This is me. This is beautiful. I'm ready for life." This happened when I heard Georgy Girl for the first time last month. This wonderful song by The Seekers was that song I needed to help me back on my feet. This song isn't depressing, but cheerful and light-hearted, but it weaves this cheerful tune together with strong, encouraging lyrics that both echoed what I was going through and what I needed to do. Although I'm not feeling the way I was last month (in large part thanks to this song), it's one of the first on my list when I am feeling discouraged. To wrap things up, I've included a link for this song, with the hope that it may help you, too, whether you need a pick-me-up, or you're just looking for a new song.

Cheers~

http://youtu.be/htnwnRR_ufs

No comments:

Post a Comment